Brief history of activity 2008-2014
- Russian Language Learning (we’re on the 20yr plan!)
- Bible Studies & Home Group
- 3yrs served as Elder/Teacher
- 3 Housing Projects
- Established Sister City with Rzhyschiv & Kilgore, Texas
- Registered Ukrainian Corporation
- Purchased & Developed Downtown Property for Ministry
- Opened Coffee Shop
- Established Permanent Residence for entire family!
- Local Orphanage Outreach
- Hosting Short-Term Groups
- Prayer & Food Support for families serving in Army
- Networking with like-minded believers, missionaries, and churches
- Completed 2nd Floor Lighthouse Cafe/Ministry Floor Heating
- Purchased and Installed New Windows at Cafe
- Completed first full year operating Cafe in our town.
- Began hosting Poetry Evenings (Community led)
- Hosted 6 weeks of YWAM Outreach / Creative Courses / Evening Worship
- Traveled to Minsk, Belarus and now partnering with CFNI Belarus
- Began weekly English Club for ages 8-14.
- Started new Youth Ministry called Club 180 (weekly meetings)
- Winter Orphan and Widow outreach
- Started video production ministry/outreach.
- Continued slogging away at getting gas at our Cafe.
- Hosted Minsk/Texas Team for Awaken Week
- Expanded our Lighthouse Staff
- Started Lighthouse Studio
- Created a Skatepark!
- Several trips to Minsk & Leadership planning
- Distributed Children’s Bibles to all 1st graders
- Had our first Summer Interns (local students)
- Club 180 Youth has seen a number of hearts respond to Jesus
- Bought 2nd Floor Pellet stove (open daily now for outreach)
- Rented our first Billboard
- Hosted class of students for onsite teaching from Minsk.
- Hosted a city wide VBS (60 kids)
- Sponsored our first Ukrainian for Bible School.
- Took a team of students to Worship Marathon in Minsk.
- Took a team of students to Steiger conference in Kiev.
- Fed +40 Widows monthly, as well as outreaches, blankets.
- Started Pizza and finally Gas on! Fed the town free pizza.
- Launched our first Lighthouse Website! (click to visit!)
- Hosted +10 worship and prayer events this year.
We have officially begun partnering with MIR Ministries, effective January 2017. I am now the International Director, which means I’m working the ministry in Minsk, and the US partners, along with our own staff and developing Lighthouse ministry.
We will continue to seek His hand forward, to see the Kingdom of God impact the culture in post soviet culture. We believe God is awakening this generation of youth, and the conditions for a genuine renewal, by the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit are evident.
- Desperate economic conditions.
- Dead religious structures.
- Declination of religious freedoms (Government control)
- General hopelessness among the culture.
- Incredible reception among the youth towards Jesus Christ.
- Emerging ministries outside of the church are partnering together with similar passion and vision.
Lighthouse Cafe model is currently being considered as a model to advance into other communities and nations. Please pray for us! Please partner with us if the Lord would lead you!