We currently do not have any scheduled trips planned. We do however continue to pray for the funds to complete the Lighthouse Cafe, a ministry center/coffee shop in the center of our town. We need only $10k to fully finish and open the facility to the public, thank you for your consideration! You can donate using this site-
Short Term Trips and Visitor Information:
Travel Baggage Info Click Here for allowances (they actually let you check luggage slightly larger, so it’s not exact, however weight is exact).
Helpful Tip: wear ‘customs friendly’ clothing and shoes. The less you have to take off and put back on the faster the group can move. If you have a metal plate in your head, you can leave it.
Trip Resources and Links:
- Emergency Trip Contact Info (click here) : print two copies of this document, give one to your wife, the other pack in your carry on luggage.
- Checklist (click here) : items to remember to pack/bring for the March Trip.
- Russian Phrases To Learn: although they speak natively Ukrainian in the countryside, they also understand Russian and this is the language we plan to learn, so learn with us!
- Ukraine Traditions (click here) : for those traveling to Ukraine or planning to visit us in the future, here’s an interesting article on cultural differences as it relates to Westerners preparing to interact with traditional Ukrainians.
- Gripes Westerners Have About Ukraine: read this and be prepared to NOT complain:).
- Flying Reminders: the FAA forbids bringing on any pocket knives, sharp objects and liquids. For a complete list of permitted items and important travel tips click here