Our first Leaders Retreat for the year was wonderful! For some it was a time of refreshing, for others it was an important time of hearing from the Lord in very important life decision matters. I’m going to just post some photos now in hopes that I’ll have more time later to share some testimonies and ways God is shaping this core for future mission. Very encouraged, humbled, and ready for a nap!
Thank everyone for praying – we had several send us notes that they were lifting us all up. 34 young leaders, from around Ukraine, Belarus, France and US – those hungry to grow, deepen their faith and see the Kingdom of God come in legit ways to our generation.
You can follow us on Facebook Group for details of upcoming events – come on over! Teach, share, give, fuel this emerging generation with us 🙂 Click here
Here’s a few slides form our Leadership & Spiritual formation review – it’s taken from some the books I’m having to read from Fuller and learning over the past few semesters – so good!
Big week coming up. We have +30 descending upon our houses, emerging leaders from Belarus, US, Ukraine and Russia! Amazing to see how God is uniting and connecting.
Last few days having all our kids under one roof. We enjoyed an evening last night of sharing, things God doing in our hearts, lessons learning, and opened our ‘thankful box’ – a small little treasure chest of written things we collect which we’re thankful for through the year. The funniest part was around half of the pieces of paper in the box were scribbles from Claire.. who knows what she was drawing or thinking about 🙂
We took some photos today down by the Dnepr. It was chilly. There’s this large ship barge thing stuck in the ice, awaiting spring.. I thought it would make an interesting backdrop. Here are a few of our photos!
Please pray for :
- Travel and Logistics for our upcoming discipleship weekend!
- Remaining planning.. it’s a lot of work with basically only one vehicle among us able to drive these roads . Thankful some friends are helping with a meal, and local restaurant agreed to make another ‘to go’. Water, electricity, all things we do not take for granted here hosting a group like this.. anything could happen!
- Our times of prayer, creative listening, and some training I’m leading in the area of developing a story-line of your life, formation areas God has and is now leading us all individually – I’m really excited for sharing some of the leadership and missiology God has been forming me with over the past year via Fuller. It’s such amazing stuff and liberating!
- First of February will be heading to Texas for few days – Sharing at Christ for the Nations, Dallas (missions dept) as we partner in some cool new things in 2019! Also will be in Longview to visit our sending church and try and prepare our house for sale – it’s a big step for us and feels like pulling up final roots in East Texas as a family. I think we’ll stay over here ha!
- My arm is 80% healed and it is amazing, so thankful. Need to continue strengthening.
- I’m back into Fuller school work, almost finished my first year! Some amazing reading, I’ll post some of the best books of 2018 and some I’ve started this year soon.
Praise! We were able to raise $7500 on facebook towards these discipleship weekends. We are very thankful! Around 12 first time givers participated, which was our hope, to connect and get more prayer, awareness and investing into next generation in Slavic world.
We also picked up another charity who will sponsor monthly a new area of ministry I will reveal soon. As well, we’re continuing to work towards a possible new platform in Eastern Ukraine. One of the cool things with this Mir Leaders group is that we’re not, as a family, the only ones charting a course, but gathering as a team to wait on the Lord, discern together and move when we have unity and excitement.
Thanks for checking in!